We wish there were more shoots for us to post for crew requests, but the cycle of local production activity flows like the tides. Right now we are at low tide. However, you can return the flow by stopping by for a brainstorming session with Mark Ingram every Monday evening at 7pm.
We will be visiting Masuk High School on June 18th to capture their graduation ceremony with the mobile truck. The sign up for this production will be posted soon.
You should be getting the latest CTV-21 Newsletter in the mail, but for now here is a sample article:
Intern Spotlight by Beth Shriro
In this edition of Take-1 we are shining the intern spotlight on Bob Feather. Bob began the internship in January and has been an eager and active member of the group. He has already accumulated over 90 intern hours towards the 180 hour goal. He has volunteered on numerous truck and studio shoots including shows for other access producers.
For a first project, Bob, an accomplished musician, chose to record blues artist Paul Gabriel. Gabriel gave a history of the blues and punctuated his story with some riffs. “State of the Blues” was shown at the recent Intern Film Festival and has aired on CTV-21.Since Bob has delved deeply into the opportunities the internship offers, I’ve asked him to give us some of his story of his CTV-21 internship.
Why did you join the internship?
I am a photographer by trade and I needed a change. TV production is a natural next step. The price is right and I believe in taking advantage of good opportunities!
What did you think of the video production training?
It’s terrific, a rare opportunity for those who are pro-active and can recognize the value. The staff is patient, knowledgeable and helpful. All offer help and advice without opinions which is nurturing for the artist. That is important to me.
What kind of productions have you worked on thus far?
Productions include the talk show format in the studio, the controlled chaos of location shoots and my own production.
Do you plan to continue to produce shows?
I had never thought I wanted to produce. I wanted to learn audio, td, camera, all the positions. Now I find that a good producer needs to know it all and develop a rhythm. So, yes now I would definitely like to produce more shows.
Overall, what do you think of the CTV-21 internship?
It is an awesome opportunity for those who want to get involved and have a strong desire to learn. There is great training, instruction, equipment and possibilities. It came at a good time for me and challenges me to do things I’m not use to doing. I am learning to be a good team member.
We’re sure are glad you are on our team – thanks Bob!
Greg -
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog updates. I am always looking for more experience, so the blog is helpful in knowing when any studio or truck
shoots come available. I am also looking to help any interns with their projects as well.
Yo! What Steve said!
ReplyDeleteI too am available and looking to work on studio or location productions. Let's do some really cool videos!